What are the dental crowns?
A Dental Crown is a type of dental restoration which completely caps or encircles a tooth or dental implants. Crowns are often needed when a large cavity threatens the structural integrity of a tooth. They are typically bonded to the tooth and are made to look just like a natural tooth.
When is dental crown needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant